Spain is one of the top European destinations to visit in the Summer! The country has incredible vistas and experiences, from vibrant cities, to stunning coastlines to idyllic beaches.
We have 3 incredible addresses for you to make the most of the summer and enjoy an effervescent morning in Seville, or a lazy afternoon along the beach in Marbella, or discover the rustic charms of Mallorca.
Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Located in the busy area of Santa Cruz, Hotel Alfonso XIII is an establishment with a story dating back to the 1920s! The hotel’s name derives from King Alfonso. He commissioned the building to host international guests and royalties coming to Spain for the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929.
Today, the hotel is among the last vestiges of a specific era of Spanish history! The hotel hosts exquisite architecture and décor, whether it is the historic Néo-Mudéjar facade, the patterned marble floors, or the stunning Restaurante San Fernando. Guests are able to step into the past, while Seville continues to carry on with its contemporary buzz and effervescence outside.
The 148 guest rooms and suites pay homage to the city’s Old World aesthetic. Experience period furniture with Sevillian ceramic floors and beds adorned with Mudéjar headboards. The rest of the hotel is a perfect blend of Andalusian design with contemporary features. Hotel Alfonso XIII is definitely the place to be if you want to immerse yourself into Seville itself.
3 things we love about Hotel Alfonso XIII, a Luxury Collection Hotel:
- Extraordinary architecture, probably one of the most beautiful hotels architecture of Spain
- Brilliant location, Seville is right at your doorstep
- Great dinner at Restaurante San Fernando, with fantastic Spanish dishes and a great chef
The Marbella Club stretches along Marbella’s Golden Mile beachfront area, with splendid views of the Alboran Sea and the magnificent Sierra Blanca mountains on the other.
Once the home of the von Hohenlohe royal family of Spain, the Marbella Club was founded by Prince Alfonso who purchased the Santa Margarita estate in 1947 after his father, Prince Max fell in love with place during one of his picnics. Today, the Andalusian-style resort is one of Spain’s most luxurious and well-established addresses.
It has 9 restaurants and bars, including the Beach Club with its old-world charms and atmosphere, and the Summer Bar, an intimate citrus garden ideal for pre-dinner drinks. The hotel also offers the services of an incredible Thalasso Spa, plenty of activities to explore the environs, and an 18-hole Dave Thomas-designed golf course! The Marbella Club is an absolute delight for the guests residing across its 131 rooms, suites, and villas.
3 things we love about Marbella Club:
- Great design throughout and fantastic residential feel, far from what you can expect from the Marbella region (which is known to be quite touristy)
- The Clubhouse, the hotel’s heart is a fantastic social hub with different atmospheres and designs (Rudi’s, the Grill, Le Bodega, the Summer Bar, El Patio…)
- The hotel’s history is apparent throughout, and you can see by the exclusive clientele and flawless staff that it has been and still is one of Spain’s best kept secrets.
La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca
For our final destination in sunshiny Spain, we are taking you to Mallorca, the Crown Jewel of the Balearic Islands! Nestled on a hilltop in the northeast of the island, overlooking the sea and minutes away from Deia village, is La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel.
The hotel was born by combining two 16th-century properties into one, but La Residencia manages to keep an intimate and comforting feel.
The hotel sits at the heart of 35 acres of lush olive groves. See perfectly manicured lawns punctuated with cypress trees and flower beds. The ambiance is warm and ancient, immediately transporting you to the days long gone. From the moment you step onto the property, it is easy to already picture yourself wandering about the garden in the sun, sporting a Panama hat and some Ray-Ban shades, or sitting down at the Café Miro for an afternoon tea with views over the bay.
Stay in one of 72 individually decorated rooms and suites and make the most of the hotel’s amenities. Choose from 4 restaurants, including the award-winning El Olivo headed by Chef Guillermo Méndez. Also, make use of the hotel’s excellent Spa, equipped with an array of Deia-inspired Signature Treatments, making the sojourn at La Residencia an intimate experience unlike any other!
3 things we love about La Residencia, A Belmond Hotel, Mallorca:
- The hotel was designed to feel like a small, intimate village and wandering about it feels like taking a walk in a small village off the coast of France or Italy.
- The hotel offers a fantastic view of the surrounding natural landscape, which really pulls you in.
- The small village of Deia, where time seems to stand still, is extremely charming.
To book a holiday in Spain, head to our Collection!